What Do You Want to be When You Grow Up?
I find it a very interesting way to figure out what you want to be when you grow up. My topic is technology and I find this website an interesting way to use the internet to find a job. It is certainly unique!
A quick summary of it: Sean Aiken doesn’t know what he wants to do with his life. He is asking for people to hire him for one week. He is willing to travel anywhere and do anything to get a job and try it out. In other words, he is working and doing a test run of the jobs. Again my assessment. I like it. More people should probably test run their jobs before they determine whether they will actually remain long term.
Anyway, all proceeds and compensation are being donated to Make Poverty History. I think that is good too. Though, I wonder how he takes care of his bills if all the compensation is being donated. I guess that is none of my business.
Here is what Sean says about why you should hire him:
- You would bring exposure to you or your company as it would be talked about on this website and in the media (previous media)
- You would be helping me figure out what it is I should be doing with my life (or perhaps should not be doing)
- You would be helping raise money and awareness for child poverty in Canada
- I am a hardworker, have lots of energy and am a quick learner
- And last but not least, you would get to spend a week with me!
These are interesting reasons Sean gives for why you should hire him. In my opinion, if you are asked this question in an interview, you better be giving them a little more meat. I see nothing in Sean’s list that gives any indication of his skills and abilities. What does he know how to do? What is he going to bring to your organization? He is obviously creative, given his blog/website. But I know there is more to him than curiosity and uncertainty about what he wants to do with his life.
If you would like to hire Sean Aiken for a week, visit his website. If you offer him a job, I would really like to hear your story. I wonder how he would do with my 7 year old. I need a nanny for the summer!